Well I decided to come back to this blog. I have hidden all previous posts simply because they just aren't relevant to my life right now. So what is??
Let me give you some details...
First...
In a year (give or take days, weeks, months) we are moving back to Florida. My daughter B graduates from high school May 18th so anytime after May 19th will be just fine with me! The plan is to put the house on the market in April and hope and pray it sells QUICK!
I am beyond excited and my inner planner is out in full force. I want to get started NOW on the move - I mean, really, can you ever be too ready to move? Seriously, I have cleaned out all of my bedroom drawers, under the bed, closet, etc. Ok. yes, it is the smallest room in the house but who cares! I have went through dishes, I know what I am going through in the fall when it is cool out in the shed and garage. Now, if I could get B and the hubby to take it seriously and go through THEIR things...
I peruse the homes for sale and rent in the Wesley Chapel/Tampa area at least weekly. I want to see what is out there at all times. I have some pretty specific wants for the home we buy but if we have to rent for a bit the main thing is that it allows pets (3 dogs and a cat).
I check indeed.com about once a month to see what jobs are like. I have worked from home the last 3 1/2 years and really enjoy it. I have high hopes of being able to keep this job but currently my company has a policy of living within 75 miles of an office. Recently a whole office was done away with and everyone was sent to work from home - I am praying this is a step in the right direction for me, that in another year the policy will be different. My boss knows my plans and keeps her ears open for me. The hubby could also transfer (he did when we lived in Wesley Chapel before) but really doesn't want to. I get that.
I am so ready to be there. To be settled in. Yes, my mother and my other daughter, K, will still be in Illinois. But I can come visit, and they can too. K is married now and very involved with her husband and his family. She'll also be here for my mom. B plans to apply to UNF for college in the next few months - she did a campus tour about 6 weeks ago with her dad (ex-hubby) and really liked it. So she will be a few hours away.
You don't know how badly I want to get moving boxes and start packing. I have to make myself at least wait until March for that. Seriously.
Second...
I had weight loss surgery nearly a year ago (August 8th), a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. I am just a few pounds from goal - but I plan to revise that down a little lower. As of today I have lost about 113 pounds. I am thrilled and so happy I did it, even having complications. I was walking around a year ago having trouble standing for long periods (back pain), getting out of breath and sweating just doing little things around the house. This whole experience has been a big deal so in a few days I will post more about it. I don't want to short change it.
Welcome (back?) to my blog! I hope you continue to read!
No comments:
Post a Comment